- What are some definitions of common lighting types and styles ?
- How does a halogen bulb work?
- What is a compact fluorescent lamp?
- What are some basic lighting design strategies?
- What is important to consider in kitchen lighting design?
- What is important to consider in bathroom lighting design?
- What is important to consider when designing light for living spaces?
- What are some lighting tips for foyers, halls, and stairways?
- What are some lighting tips for living rooms?
- What are some lighting tips for dining areas?
- What is important to consider in track lighting design?
What are some lighting tips for living rooms?
Lighting for social gatherings needs to be 5 to 10 foot candles. Recessed lighting is one of the preferred ways to light a general area because the light source is concealed. Close to ceiling or decorative fluorescent fixtures can provide ample lighting.
Recessed or track fixtures help to make rooms come alive through accenting artwork, wall washing or grazing. Low voltage strip lighting such as 'Hide A Lite' helps create drama in book cases.
Visual tasks such as reading, playing games, or hobbies requires at least 20 foot candles. Recessed, track, or pendants can provide ample light for tasks.