- What are some definitions of common lighting types and styles ?
- How does a halogen bulb work?
- What is a compact fluorescent lamp?
- What are some basic lighting design strategies?
- What is important to consider in kitchen lighting design?
- What is important to consider in bathroom lighting design?
- What is important to consider when designing light for living spaces?
- What are some lighting tips for foyers, halls, and stairways?
- What are some lighting tips for living rooms?
- What are some lighting tips for dining areas?
- What is important to consider in track lighting design?
How can I control glare?
Try one of these common suggestions to reduce unwanted levels of glare in your space:
Indirect lighting that throws more light upward than downward, diffusing the light and reducing glare on computer screens.
Parabolic louvers, special lenses or other diffusing media on fixtures that diffuse the fixture's light output.
In an office, it may be possible to de-emphasize the ambient lighting system with reduced light output and diffusing media, while providing adjustable task fixtures at workstations.
Relocating the light source.
Relocating the task or changing its orientation until the glare is removed.
Changing the surface reflectance of the task.
Use blinds or shades on windows to control the amount or transmittance angle of sunlight entering the space.